Here we list the most important news about ContinualAI. However, we recommend you to join our Mailing List to be always updated about all the news and events on continual learning. You may also consider subscribing to the rss feed of the ContinualAI Medium Publication.
ContinualAI maintains the “Continual Learning and AI News” mailing list. This is a mailing-list open to anyone interested in continual learning. Subscribe and follow the instructions to send emails to all the subscribers!
News & Events
[ May 20, 2020 ] We just released the alpha version of Avalanche: an End-to-End Library for Continual Learning!
[ May 20, 2020 ] We are excited to sponsor the Lifelong Learning for Long-term Human-Robot Interaction (LL4LHR) Workshop at RO-MAN’20 in Naples, Italy. Submissions are open!
[ Feb 25, 2020 ] The Continual Learning Challenge we are sponsoring within the 1st workshop on Continual Learning in Computer Vision (CLVISION) at CVPR 2020 is now open for submissions!
[ Nov 21, 2019 ] Vincenzo Lomonaco will be giving a talk on Toward Continual Learning on the Edge at Apple Inc., Cupertino, CA.
[ Nov 15, 2019 ] We are excited to be sponsoring the 1st workshop on Continual Learning in Computer Vision (CLVISION) which will be hosted at CVPR 2020 in Seattle, WA.
[ May 31, 2019 ] Natalia, one of our board members, will give a invited talk at the Workshop on Multi-Task and Lifelong Reinforcement Learning at ICML 2019!
[ April 16, 2019 ] Vincenzo Lomonaco and German I. Parisi, two of our board members, will give a tutorial on Continual Learning with Neural Networks at the INNS Big Data and Deep Learning Conference in Sestri Levante, Italy.
[ Aug 11, 2018 ] It’s official! There will be a 2018 Continual Learning Workshop at NIPS!
The ContinualAI Newsletter will keep you updated on events & activities of the community, but also about important news in the field of Continual Learning.
- November 2020
- October 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
The ContinualAI Meetups are online, fun and informal meetups about a particolar continual learning topic. At the moment we try to alternate two possible types of meetups: “Research” and “Collaborative Projects”.
Research Meetups are 90 minute discussions about a particular Continual Learning topic. Each month a new topic is chosen and 4 experienced speakers are invited to trigger the discussion with a 15 minute talk each plus a Q&A session:
- [November 2020] “Benchmarks and Evaluation for Continual Learning”
- [October 2020] “Generalization and Robustness in Continual Learning”
- [June 2020] “Continual Learning: in the Cloud, at the Edge or Both?”
- [May 2020] “Continual Learning with Sequential Streaming Data”
- [April 2020] “Real-World Applications of Continual Learning”
- [March 2020] “Neuroscience-Inspired Continual Learning”
- [February 2020] “Generative Models for Continual Learning”
Collaborative Projects Meetups
Collaborative Projects Meetups are 60 minutes discussions about a particular ContinualAI project. The goal of this meetup is to present the advancements on each collaborative, open-source project and decide colletively its future development:
The ContinualAI Reading Group is hosted every Friday in collaboration with MILA and it is based on roughly 60 minute discussion about a particular Continual Learning paper. Occasionally, a speaker is invited to explain their work. Join our reading group on slack! It will be the occasion to talk with other researchers of this amazing field!
- [December 4th 2020] “Continual Learning with Deep Artificial Neurons”
- [November 20th 2020] “Remembering for the Right Reasons: Explanations Reduce Catastrophic Forgetting”
- [November 13th 2020] “Continual Learning in Recurrent Neural Networks”
- [November 6th 2020] “Optimal Continual Learning has Perfect Memory and is NP-hard”
- [October 23th 2020] “Memory-Efficient Incremental Learning Through Feature Adaptation”
- [October 16nd 2020] “Continual Prototype Evolution: Learning Online from Non-Stationary Data Streams”
- [October 9th 2020] “Continual Learning from the Perspective of Compression”
- [October 2nd 2020] “Bookworm Continual Learning: Beyond Zero-Shot Learning and Continual Learning”
- [Sptember 25th 2020] “A Wholistic View of Continual Learning with Deep Neural Networks”
- [Sptember 11th 2020] “GDumb: A Simple Approach that Questions Our Progress in Continual Learning”
- [Sptember 4th 2020] “Online Fast Adaptation and Knowledge Accumulation (OSAKA): a New Approach to Continual Learning”
- [July 24th 2020] “Efficient Continual Learning in Neural Networks with Embedding Regularization”
- [July 16th 2020] “Supermasks in Superposition”
- [July 10th 2020] “Networks naturally learn to learn and forget to forget”
- [July 3rd 2020] “Modeling the Background for Incremental Learning in Semantic Segmentation”
- [June 19th 2020] “Continual Learning of Recurrent Neural Networks by Locally Aligning Distributed Representations”
- [June 12th 2020] “Learning to Recognize Code-switched Speech Without Forgetting”
- [June 5th 2020] “Explaining How Deep Neural Networks Forget by Deep Visualization”
- — see more sessions —
Virtual Coffe Program
As we surpassed the ContinualAI 1000+ members, we thought it would be nice to know each other a bit better! So we are excited to launch the ContinualAI Virtual-Coffee Program!
How does it work? You enter the #virtual-coffee channel on slack, every two weeks a bot will randomly pair you with another continual learner with whom you can make a 1-1 online meeting to grab a virtual coffee together. We hope this will help you create valuable connections to strengthen this amazing field and work better together!
The ContinualAI Medium Publication contains blog posts on the topic of Continual Learning. The publication is open to both ContinualAI members and outsiders. If you want to share your personal thoughts on Continual Learning, please consider this venue and send us an email at email@example.com!