Here we list the most important news about ContinualAI. However, we recommend you to join our Mailing List to be always updated about all the news and events on continual learning. You may also consider subscribing to the rss feed of the ContinualAI Medium Publication.
ContinualAI maintains the “Continual Learning and AI News” mailing list. This is a mailing-list open to anyone interested in continual learning. Subscribe and follow the instructions to send emails to all the subscribers!
News & Events
[ May 20, 2020 ] We just released the alpha version of Avalanche: an End-to-End Library for Continual Learning!
[ May 20, 2020 ] We are excited to sponsor the Lifelong Learning for Long-term Human-Robot Interaction (LL4LHR) Workshop at RO-MAN’20 in Naples, Italy. Submissions are open!
[ Feb 25, 2020 ] The Continual Learning Challenge we are sponsoring within the 1st workshop on Continual Learning in Computer Vision (CLVISION) at CVPR 2020 is now open for submissions!
[ Nov 21, 2019 ] Vincenzo Lomonaco will be giving a talk on Toward Continual Learning on the Edge at Apple Inc., Cupertino, CA.
[ Nov 15, 2019 ] We are excited to be sponsoring the 1st workshop on Continual Learning in Computer Vision (CLVISION) which will be hosted at CVPR 2020 in Seattle, WA.
[ May 31, 2019 ] Natalia, one of our board members, will give a invited talk at the Workshop on Multi-Task and Lifelong Reinforcement Learning at ICML 2019!
[ April 16, 2019 ] Vincenzo Lomonaco and German I. Parisi, two of our board members, will give a tutorial on Continual Learning with Neural Networks at the INNS Big Data and Deep Learning Conference in Sestri Levante, Italy.
[ Aug 11, 2018 ] It’s official! There will be a 2018 Continual Learning Workshop at NIPS!
The ContinualAI Newsletter will keep you updated on events & activities of the community, but also about important news in the field of Continual Learning.
- September 2021
- July/August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- Febuary 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
The ContinualAI Meetups are online, fun and informal meetups about a particolar continual learning topic. At the moment we try to alternate two possible types of meetups: “Research” and “Collaborative Projects”.
Research Meetups are 90 minute discussions about a particular Continual Learning topic. Each month a new topic is chosen and 4 experienced speakers are invited to trigger the discussion with a 15 minute talk each plus a Q&A session:
- [May 2021] “Continual Learning at the Edge: On-Device training without forgetting”
- [April 2021] “Continual Learning Applied to Problems Outside Supervised Classification”
- [January 2021] “Rehearsal-Free Continual Learning”
- [November 2020] “Benchmarks and Evaluation for Continual Learning”
- [October 2020] “Generalization and Robustness in Continual Learning”
- [June 2020] “Continual Learning: in the Cloud, at the Edge or Both?”
- [May 2020] “Continual Learning with Sequential Streaming Data”
- [April 2020] “Real-World Applications of Continual Learning”
- [March 2020] “Neuroscience-Inspired Continual Learning”
- [February 2020] “Generative Models for Continual Learning”
Collaborative Projects Meetups
Collaborative Projects Meetups are 60 minutes discussions about a particular ContinualAI project. The goal of this meetup is to present the advancements on each collaborative, open-source project and decide colletively its future development:
- [March 2021] “Avalanche: an End-to-End Library for Continual Learning”
- [February 2020] “Colab 1.0”
- [September 2020] “Continual Wiki v1.0”
Continual Learning Seminars
Continual Learning Seminars are hosted every Thursday in collaboration with MILA and it is based on roughly 60 minute discussion about a particular Continual Learning paper. Speakers are invited to explain their work, but please let us know if you are interested in presenting. Join our reading group on slack, and check out our youtube page for past events! It’s a great occasion to talk with other researchers in this amazing field!
- [June 11th 2021] “ACAE-REMIND for Online Continual Learning with Compressed Feature Replay”
- [June 4th 2021] “Continual Learning for Recurrent Neural Networks: an Empirical Evaluation”
- [May 21st 2021] “Class-Incremental Learning with Generative Classifiers”
- [May 14th 2021] “Psycholinguistics meets CL: Measuring Forgetting in Visual Question Answering”
- [May 7th 2021] “Rehearsal revealed: The limits and merits of revisiting samples in continual learning”
- [April 23th 2021] “Understanding Continual Learning Settings with Data Distribution Drift Analysis”
- [April 16th 2021] “Towards Continual, Online, Unsupervised Depth”
- [April 9th 2021] “Catastrophic Forgetting in Deep Graph Networks”
- [April 2nd 2021] “Continuum: Simple Management of Complex Continual Learning Scenarios”
- [March 19th 2021] “A Theoretical Analysis of Catastrophic Forgetting through the NTK Overlap Matrix”
- [March 12th 2021] “Adaptation Strategies for Automated Machine Learning on Evolving Data”
- [March 5th 2021] “IIRC: Incremental Implicitly-Refined Classification”
- — see more sessions —
Virtual Coffe Program
As we surpassed the ContinualAI 1000+ members, we thought it would be nice to know each other a bit better! So we are excited to launch the ContinualAI Virtual-Coffee Program!
How does it work? You enter the #virtual-coffee channel on slack, every two weeks a bot will randomly pair you with another continual learner with whom you can make a 1-1 online meeting to grab a virtual coffee together. We hope this will help you create valuable connections to strengthen this amazing field and work better together!
The ContinualAI Medium Publication contains blog posts on the topic of Continual Learning. The publication is open to both ContinualAI members and outsiders. If you want to share your personal thoughts on Continual Learning, please consider this venue and send us an email at email@example.com!